Tuesday, August 03, 2004

time for change: a letter from the editor.

Welcome back to The Fourth Estate. As you can see, the place has changed. Before, it was just a one-voice megaphone -- a bully pulpit, if you will. While I've never been bashful at expressing my views on society, culture and politics, I have always appreciated dialogue. The old site was too limiting. I felt like a dog on a very short leash.

Enter: BloggerNation

I have been keeping a personal blog page for a couple years now. I guess it finally hit me that this is the best and most appropriate format for The Fourth Estate. Perhaps I was spurred on by the attention bloggers received at the Democratic National Convention. Perhaps I was jealous. Smart money's on the latter.

Either way, The Fourth Estate is now a wide open space for my views, your views, their views. I'll remain the sole writer for now (mostly because nobody else is here to contribute), but I'll always entertain contributions.

The mission of this site is to be an open dialogue about the world around us. The war, the election, the movies, the music, the sex, the drugs, the rock-and-roll.

It's still my place, but I want to hear from you.

Welcome, and please keep your feet off the furniture.

Love,

kevvy
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com